The PIZ BUIN® brand provides sun lovers everywhere with sun care solutions that help them achieve the perfect balance between getting a beautiful tan and the protection they need. Here you can discover the brand’s historical heritage, tips to stay safe in the sun and PIZ BUIN® product solutions to keep you and your family safe in the sun.
Specialist Sun Care Brand
Wherever there’s sun, whether it’s on a family break holiday, a city break or out and about in the local park, PIZ BUIN® has been there helping people to enjoy life in the sun, safely. For over 65 years, PIZ BUIN® has been formulating innovation sun care solutions to give uncompromising protection and a beautiful tan. In fact, PIZ BUIN® was one of the first to make tanning safer by implementing the Sun Protection Factor (SPF) system in the 1960's.
Sun Care Solutions
As sun care specialists, the makers of PIZ BUIN® use innovative technologies to make sure you achieve the right balance of colour and protection whenever you enjoy the sun. The advanced UVA/UVB sun filter systems help to protect you against sun skin damage and the series effects of UVA radiation.
PIZ BUIN® TAN & PROTECT™ range enhances natural tanning through combining effective UVA/UVB protection with Melitane™. Whilst for those with more sun sensitive skin PIZ BUIN® Allergy is specially developed with dermatologists to protect delicate skin. For a beautiful summer shimmer instantly try PIZ BUIN® Instant Glow™ to illuminate your skin whilst not compromising in protection.
Sun Safety Tips & Advice
Being protection and getting a beautiful tan is a holiday essential.
- Remember to apply sunscreen at least 20 minutes before going out in the sun to allow maximum absorption and protection. Try to re-apply every 2 hours and more frequently after swimming, sweating or towelling.
- Take special care to make sure hard to reach places and more sensitive areas are covered with sufficient layer of sunscreen such as your ears, feet, nose and upper back.
- During summer months or when on holiday in tropical countries, try to avoid intense midday sun from 11:00am and 3:00pm.
- Children are particularly vulnerable to the effects of UV radiation and often spend more time outdoors than adults. Parents should take special care to protect them from the sun using protective clothing, hats, sunglasses and sunscreen. Keep babies and young children out of direct sunlight.
- Before going away and the arrival of summer season, check expiration dates on the bottle and discard sunscreen that is past their expiration date. The date indicates they’re no longer as effective and may not provide you with optimal sun protection.