As summer comes to an end, you’ve got to start planning for your children’s return to school. Here are a few tips to help them make a smooth transition from holidays to homework.
While you’re still probably thinking of ways to keep your little, and not so little, ones entertained for the last week of the holidays, you’ve also got to start thinking about getting them ready for the start of the new term.
From gym kits to backpacks, there’s so much to organise - so we’ve decided to give you a helping hand.
Read the below tips for your child starting primary school:
It’s been fun having your little ones around. And while there have been times when you’ve just wanted a quiet house to yourself, you’ll probably be a bit sad to see them go and you will want them to be safe and sound back at school.
Here are our top tips for getting them ready:
- Make sure the clothes fit
Get out the old uniforms, gym kits, shoes and coats and see what still fits and what needs replacing. They grow up so fast.
- Keep the bugs at bay
They’ll be breaking their summer quarantine and heading back to the school playground where germs can spread. Be prepared and give them lessons in hand washing – it could end up saving you vital sick days.
- Give them a helping hand
While a packed lunch can provide them with nutritious snacks, it can also be used to give them a helping hand. Slip in some tissues to help them keep their noses clean, and some wipes so they can get clean after some messy play or games.
How to prepare your children for secondary school
Whether they’re making the leap from little school to big school or are simply returning for another year of secondary school, they’ll want to look their best. It’s a fact of life that teenagers get a lot of their confidence from their looks.
Fighting against teenage spots can be a battle. Make sure they have the right weapons to help them through those spot-prone years.
Try and encourage your teen to stick to a skin care routine and give them the tools they need to cleanse skin. The CLEAN & CLEAR® range is a great place to start. The range includes a variety of washes and exfoliating scrubs to remove excess oil and dirt to help tackle spot-prone skin. CLEAN & CLEAR® Hint of Tint™ Cover & Correct Cream instantly conceals and helps clear spots for clear, beautiful skin.
Don’t forget these other back-to-school items:
- Get the right backpack – As they grow and their body changes, their old backpack might not be suitable. Get something comfortable and the right size, so they don’t hurt their back lugging around all those textbooks.
- Label clothes – Use iron-on labels for a quick and easy solution. This will hopefully end mix-ups when half a dozen kids turn up with the same new jacket.
- Pens and pencils and more - It’s worth checking with your school to find out what equipment they actually need. The days of the protractor and rubber could be soon replaced by tablets and chargers.
- ‘Decorative’ items – Again, check your school’s website for guidance on things like piercing, hair styles, and jewellery, to make sure you are up to speed on the do’s and don’ts.
Why not take a look at our CLEAN & CLEAR® products today?
Get back to you as the kids go back to school
As the summer holidays come to an end and the kids return to school, it’s time to start thinking about how you’re going to reward yourself for keeping them entertained during the break.
A parent's guide to teens' spot-prone skin
Spots can really affect teenager’s confidence and even prevent them from getting involved in activities, view this guide for advice.