How to Bathe Your Baby:
A bath is a perfect way to create separation between "busy time" and "sleep time", while giving you the chance to bond with your baby. Even tough days can feel a little easier when you end the night by wrapping your beautiful clean baby, snug and cosy, in their blanket — just in time for a lullaby.
Helpful Bathtime tips:
1. Start with only a few inches of warm water (around 37 centigrade). After filling the basin or tub, swirl the water with your hands so there are no hot spots. Before you put your baby in the bath water, test the water’s temperature on the inside of your wrist to make sure it is not too hot.
2. Using one arm to gently support your baby's back, head and neck, gently place them in the baby bath. Continue to support them using one arm while bathing them with the other hand.
3. Gently cleanse around your baby's eyes with a cotton pad dampened with clean, warm water. Use a new cotton pad for each eye and always wipe from the inside corner of the eye outward. Then, using a soft washcloth, wipe around your baby's mouth, nose and whole face. Wipe the creases in their neck and don't forget behind their ears!
4. For younger babies, wet a baby washcloth with warm water and use a gentle cleanser formulated for babies, like JOHNSON'S® TOP-TO-TOE® Wash. If your baby has more hair, you might try a gentle shampoo, like JOHNSON'S® Baby Shampoo. Don’t be afraid to gently wash the soft spots (called fontanels) on your baby's head.
5. Wrap both hands around your baby's chest under their arms, support their head, and lift them out of the bath and quickly wrap them in a towel.
6. Dry your baby well in all the creases, as excessive moisture could lead to skin irritation. Pat skin to avoid skin damage. Before dressing them, apply a gentle baby moisturiser, such as hypoallergenic JOHNSON’S® Baby Lotion which is clinically proven to be gentle and mild.
For the latest baby vouchers and coupons from the JOHNSON’S® brand click here