Before Your Baby Arrives
You and your partner are about to become parents — what a special time in your life! It’s normal to be nervous, but there are easy steps you can take to help prepare you to welcome home your little one.
Parenting classes can be very helpful for first-time parents. Find out about these classes from somewhere like the hospital, local surgery or your NCT classes where you plan to have your baby.
There are different ways to give birth so speak to your midwife to decide which option is best for you and your baby.
Pack your overnight bag for the hospital. Remember to take along:
- PJ’s/Nightie and Slippers
- Toiletries, including toothbrush and hairbrush. Don’t forget supplies for your partner (perhaps even a change of clothes)
- Clothes for your return home: choose comfortable clothes you wore mid-pregnancy or later
- Clothes for your baby to wear when coming home: vest or one-piece suit, and an outfit with snap closures
- Blanket for your little one (your local weather will determine if additional blankets are needed)
- Sanitary pads
- Camera/video camera or the charger for your phone
- Nursing bra and nursing pads
Create a contact list (email, phone, or text) to keep family and friends informed.
Make sure your know how to securely and safely fit your baby’s car seat before you go to the hospital.
For the latest baby vouchers and coupons from the JOHNSON’S® brand click here